Nik Lentz and Charles “do Bronx” Oliveira will fight again on Sept. 5, a little over three years after their first meeting ended in a no contest.
UFC officials confirmed the pairing with Sherdog.com on Thursday evening.
The matchup will be part of the UFC Fight Night card at Foxwoods Resort Casino in Ledyard, Conn. The event will also house a middleweight duel featuring Gegard Mousasi and Ronaldo Souza, as well as the freshly announced Derrick Lewis-Matt Mitrione heavyweight bout.
The first time “The Carny” met “do Bronx” at UFC Live “Kongo vs. Barry” in June of 2011, Oliveira landed an illegal knee to the head of Lentz. Referee Chip Snider did not call the foul, allowing the Brazilian to capitalize by sinking in a rear-naked choke for the submission victory.
After a review by the Pennsylvania State Athletic Commission, the result was subsequently overturned.
Since the fight, both men have fought seven additional times under the Zuffa banner, each with identical records of 4-3.
Oliveira has won two straight fights by way of submission, most recently earning a “Performance of the Night” bonus for his modified necktie victory against Hatsu Hioki at UFC Fight Night “Te Huna vs. Marquardt.” Prior to the bout, Hioki had never been submitted.
Lentz bounced back from his decision loss to Chad Mendes at UFC on Fox “Johnson vs. Benavidez 2” with a unanimous decision victory against Manny Gamburyan at UFC Fight Night “Brown vs. Silva.”
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- Legacy FC 30 Quick Results And Post Fight Analysis: Rough Night For Jackson’s MMA, Holm Gets Late Finish Lots Of Post-Fight Storylines
Another memorable night of fighting is in the books and the Legacy FC promotion’s debut venture into the state o...
- 2014/07/20 -- Four More UFC 176 Fights Find New Homes
After the postponement of UFC 176, UFC matchmakers continue to move fights from the event to other upcoming show...
- 2014/07/19 -- Trainer Henry Ramirez joins Team Flores
Following his first defeat as a pro after winning his first 14 bouts, heavyweight prospect Alexander Flores and ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Bellator 123 to Include Curran-‘Pitbull’ Title Fight, TNA Champ Lashley, ‘King Mo’
Bellator MMA is going all-in for its head-to-head showdown with the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Sept. 5.
- 2014/07/19 -- Trainer Tony Sims says Ricky Burns retains his hunger to get back to the top
Ricky Burns' new trainer Tony Sims says the Scottish fighter has not lost any of his desire or determination des...
- 2014/07/20 -- Aljamain Sterling Ready to Be a Bantamweight Contender Following First UFC Stoppage
Aljamain Sterling continues to improve each time he sets foot inside the Octagon.
The 24-year-old finished Hugo...
- 2014/07/19 -- Maidana expects to be strong in later rounds against Mayweather
Maidana fought effectively in the first six rounds of the bout, but then kind of fell apart in the last half of ...
- 2014/07/23 -- Ranking Boxing’s Best Knockouts of 2014 so Far
*****Ranking Boxing's Best Knockouts of 2014 so Far*****
I told us:
Knockouts can transform good boxers ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Weidman Proves Mettle Once More, Beats Machida
LAS VEGAS, July 5 – If anyone ever says that a championship belt doesn’t mean anything, they obviously never saw...
- 2014/07/19 -- Vyacheslav Glazkov fighting Aug. 9
Heavyweight contender Vyacheslav Czar Glazkov, coming off a career-best victory against longtime contender Tomas...
- 2014/07/19 -- Garcia vs. Ramirez for vacant CA state title
Bobby D. Presents jumps back in action for the second time this month after a successful fight card last July 11...