Préstamos General Escobedo: wrestling in General Escobedo mx.products-eu.com.
Terence Crawford retained the WBO lightweight title he won off Ricky Burns in March thanks to a thrilling ninth-round stoppage of Yuriorkis Gamboa in his home town of Omaha, Nebraska.
Crawford stepped into the ring in his own backyard for the first time a s a professional in the first world title fight to be held in the city in 42 years, and he did not disappoint his raucous following.
Cuban Gamboa, a 2004 Olympic champion, came into the fight unbeaten in 23 bouts and made a confident start with his quick hand speed taking him into a big lead when arguably winning all of the first four rounds.
But Crawford responded in style and floored Gamboa four times on the way to victory, the first coming in the fifth round which helped turn the fight in the American’s favour.
Gamboa was down again in the eight after being backed into a corner, but he continued and in desperation he rocked Crawford in the ninth with a heavy right hand.
26-year-old Crawford hit back though in a thrilling round and put Gamboa down twice more – the second of the round and fourth of the fight enough for referee Genaro Rodriguez to stop the fight.
I told Gamboa he picked the wrong fighter and the wrong city and I was right, Crawford said. I never felt any danger in the fight.
I was warming up, getting used to his style the first couple of rounds, just wanted to test him out, see where he was and adjust.
He caught me with a good shot. I got careless. I commend him. He caught me with a good shot I wasn’t ready for, and I felt I came back strong.”
Top Rank promoter Bob Arum plans to bring Crawford back to his home town of Omaha, and is eyeing a step up in weight for Crawford and a possible fight with superstar Manny Pacquiao.
We’ll be back in Omaha with him before the end of the year, Arum said. When you get a guy like Crawford, who is a great technical fighter but who also can slug, you have something special.
Down the road – and it’s very possible – that a year from now we put him in with Pacquiao. That would be a huge fight and a great fight. If you really think you have a great fighter with superstar qualities you move him that way, you don’t protect him.”
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- Miguel Cotto vs. Pacquiao, Alvarez or Mayweather: Who will you pay to see?
Right now there are three PPV attractions in boxing and they are Manny Pacquiao, Saul “Canelo’ Alvarez and Floyd...
- 2014/07/19 -- Yoshihiro Akiyama Returns to the Octagon on Sept. 20
Yoshihiro Akiyama will look to put four straight losses behind him when he returns to the Octagon against Kyle N...
- 2014/07/20 -- Cage Fury Fighting Championships Acquires Xtreme Fight Events, Inks Deal With SNY
On Friday, officials from Cage Fury Fighting Championships announced a deal that would merge the promotion with...
- 2014/07/19 -- Kevin Casey on Second UFC Run: I’m Here to Make Statements, Not Be Nice to People
Kevin Casey has been a very busy man in the last 12 months.
He had three fights in Resurrection Fighting Allia...
- 2014/07/18 -- Carson in California will stage the Kell Brook-Shawn Porter IBF world welterweight title clash in August
Eddie Hearn has revealed the venue for the eagerly-awaited IBF welterweight title showdown between Kell Brook an...
- 2014/07/19 -- Rocktagon 31 Fight Card Announced For March 29th, Features Several New Mexico Fighters
The Rocktagon MMA promotion has become a staple of Southwest MMA as they have stood on the fence between New Mex...
- 2014/07/20 -- Lopez-Vargas winner seeks title shot
If many had left Juan Manuel Lopez's career for dead after he suffered two knockout losses to Orlando Salido in ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Dr. Evan and Mr. Dunham
Since the Escudero fight, which earned him Submission of the Night honors, Dunham has nabbed three Fight of the ...
- 2014/07/19 -- How Ray Borg Changed The Local MMA Landscape In Less Than 10-Fights And Again In Less Than 10-Minutes
On April 4th, 2014 the Legacy FC 30 event was held inside the Route 66 Casino. Much of the promotion during the ...
- 2014/07/20 -- UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey Chooses Monster as Headphone Audio Partner
Monster Products, the world leader in high-performance headphones, and the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organ...
- 2014/07/19 -- How a controversial loss became the best thing for Ireland’s own Cathal Pendred
No fighter ever wants to see that dreaded 'L' on their record. But losing out on your dream in a fight you belie...