Alex Arthur is backing Stephen Simmons to do what he didn't do - and beat his bitter rival on home soil.
Scotland's Simmons takes on Wadi Camacho in Glasgow, on Friday, live on Sky Sports 3, as part of the undercard that sees Ricky Burns return to the ring.
The pair almost traded blows at the weigh-in when the Edinburgh man was pushed in the throat after he had tried to go nose-to-nose with his opponent.
Simmons (14st 3lb2 10oz) and his Cannning Town counterpart Camacho (10st 2lbs) clearly dislike each other and have brought back memories back of Arthur's devastating defeat to Michael Gomez.
It started with a bitter war of words and ended in a surprise fifth-round stoppage at the hands of the out-spoken Manchester fighter in 2003.
And the former super featherweight world title holder Arthur believes if he can keep calm once in the ring, Simmons will give Scotland the win.
Steady pressure will win this fight, but he can't take all that anger into the ring, said Arthur.
There is no reason for him to start going crazy. I don’t think Camacho has good reflexes but he is a fit guy and he's big and if he connects, he will hurt Simmons.
But as far as boxing ability and basic strength, I think he is the favourite for me.
The pair were relatively calm at the weigh-in ahead of the WBC International Silver cruiserweight showdown.
Simmons is the title holder while Arthur lost his British super-featherweight and a similar interim strap after Gomez put him down three times before the stoppage.
And the retired 36-year-old admits the Scottish capital is right behind their latest local hero.
There is a bit of needle there and Edinburgh just doesn’t like Wadi Camachi, just like they didn't like Gomez, he said.
Let's just hope that Stevie can get the result he wants and there is not a repeat performance of what I did!
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- British light-welterweight: Willie Limond beats Curtis Woodhouse on points in Glasgow
It was a case of third time lucky for Willie Limond as he finally achieved his British title dream with a stylis...
- 2014/07/19 -- UFC Fight Night 45 main card live blog: Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller, more
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. – This is the UFC Fight Night 45 main card live blog for the UFC Fight Night 45 event at the...
- 2014/07/19 -- Police to take no further action against Amir Khan following Bolton incident
Police will take no further action after investigating an incident which resulted in the arrest of boxer Amir Kh...
- 2014/07/20 -- Tapology Gives Insight To The Early Odds Of The Upcoming Legacy FC 30 Event
In just a few short weeks, the Legacy FC promotion will travel for the very first time to New Mexico where they ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Interview: Heavyweight contender Lucas Browne
WBC #7, IBF #7, WBA #13 heavyweight Lucas “Big Daddy” Browne talks to Fightnews to say he is confident of defeat...
- 2014/07/04 -- EVENT RESULTS FOR RING OF HONOR
1.)Vance McDonald Win by rear naked Choke against against Jon Thompson
- 2014/07/19 -- Wadi Camacho cannot afford another setback against Stephen Simmons
Wadi Camacho admits defeat is ‘not an option’ as he prepares to face Stephen Simmons in a crucial cruiserweight ...
- 2014/11/04 -- THE LAST EYADA FILE
This has been a very emotional couple of weeks for me since eYada closed down on July 9. Sure, those who...
- 2014/07/04 -- inkE’s Proving Ground
HIGHLAND, IN--For a small local show, FinkE's Full Contact Challenge is fast becoming a proving ground fo...
- 2014/07/20 -- King Of The Cage “Rumble”: Quick Results and Play-By-Play
We are live inside the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Albuquerque, New Mexico for King of the Cage “Rumble”. Stay tuned t...
- 2014/07/20 -- UFC Fight Night 45 Results: Cerrone vs. Miller
MMA Fighting has UFC Fight Night 45 results for the Cerrone vs. Miller fight card July 16, live blogs of the mai...