Alex Arthur is backing Stephen Simmons to do what he didn't do - and beat his bitter rival on home soil.
Scotland's Simmons takes on Wadi Camacho in Glasgow, on Friday, live on Sky Sports 3, as part of the undercard that sees Ricky Burns return to the ring.
The pair almost traded blows at the weigh-in when the Edinburgh man was pushed in the throat after he had tried to go nose-to-nose with his opponent.
Simmons (14st 3lb2 10oz) and his Cannning Town counterpart Camacho (10st 2lbs) clearly dislike each other and have brought back memories back of Arthur's devastating defeat to Michael Gomez.
It started with a bitter war of words and ended in a surprise fifth-round stoppage at the hands of the out-spoken Manchester fighter in 2003.
And the former super featherweight world title holder Arthur believes if he can keep calm once in the ring, Simmons will give Scotland the win.
Steady pressure will win this fight, but he can't take all that anger into the ring, said Arthur.
There is no reason for him to start going crazy. I don’t think Camacho has good reflexes but he is a fit guy and he's big and if he connects, he will hurt Simmons.
But as far as boxing ability and basic strength, I think he is the favourite for me.
The pair were relatively calm at the weigh-in ahead of the WBC International Silver cruiserweight showdown.
Simmons is the title holder while Arthur lost his British super-featherweight and a similar interim strap after Gomez put him down three times before the stoppage.
And the retired 36-year-old admits the Scottish capital is right behind their latest local hero.
There is a bit of needle there and Edinburgh just doesn’t like Wadi Camachi, just like they didn't like Gomez, he said.
Let's just hope that Stevie can get the result he wants and there is not a repeat performance of what I did!
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- Carl Frampton ready for IBF super-bantamweight title showdown with Kiko Martinez
Carl Frampton has warned Kiko Martinez there will be 16,000 fans 'baying for his blood' when the duo slug it out...
- 2014/07/20 -- UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey Chooses Monster as Headphone Audio Partner
Monster Products, the world leader in high-performance headphones, and the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organ...
- 2014/07/19 -- WSOF champ Rousimar Palhares to Jon Fitch: I’m coming after you
RIO DE JANEIRO -- World Series of Fighting welterweight champion Rousimar Palhares is back in the gym, and he’s ...
- 2014/07/19 -- One FC to Introduce $50K ‘One Warrior Bonus’ to Standout Performers
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- One FC “War of Dragons” is set for the NTU Sports Arena Friday and on Wednesday the organizati...
- 2014/07/03 -- Freestyle Combat Challenge 7
Intensity! That one word comes to mind when talking about the Dave Strasser's "Freestyle Combat Challenge." He h...
- 2014/07/20 -- Pacquiao-Chris Algieri on Nov. 22
Manny Pacquiao versus Chris Algieri is a done deal.
Algieri and his co-promoters, Joe DeGuardia of Star Boxing ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Kevin Croom to Meet Anthony Birchak May 9th at MFC 40
Early Monday morning, Maximum Fighting Championship announced the signing of New Mexico based fighter Kevin Croo...
- 2014/07/19 -- Promoter Eddie Hearn confident Kell Brook will be crowned world champion in August
Promoter Eddie Hearn expects Kell Brook to rip away Shawn Porter’s world title with a stunning knockout win afte...
- 2014/07/19 -- Legacy FC 30: Reasons Why Fight Fans Should Be Excited For The April 4th Event (Part Three)
When the Legacy FC promotion rolls into town and joins forces with Fresquez Productions to host a monumental eve...
- 2014/07/19 -- TUF 8 winner Efrain Escudero signs with Titan, debuts on Aug. 22 card
A former Ultimate Fighter champion has found a home in the Titan Fighting Championships.
Efrain Escudero, the T...
- 2014/07/19 -- Khan to fight in December, possibly against Alexander or Guerrero
Khan says that his adviser Al Haymon is working on the date for the fight to be televised in the United States o...