Alex Arthur is backing Stephen Simmons to do what he didn't do - and beat his bitter rival on home soil.
Scotland's Simmons takes on Wadi Camacho in Glasgow, on Friday, live on Sky Sports 3, as part of the undercard that sees Ricky Burns return to the ring.
The pair almost traded blows at the weigh-in when the Edinburgh man was pushed in the throat after he had tried to go nose-to-nose with his opponent.
Simmons (14st 3lb2 10oz) and his Cannning Town counterpart Camacho (10st 2lbs) clearly dislike each other and have brought back memories back of Arthur's devastating defeat to Michael Gomez.
It started with a bitter war of words and ended in a surprise fifth-round stoppage at the hands of the out-spoken Manchester fighter in 2003.
And the former super featherweight world title holder Arthur believes if he can keep calm once in the ring, Simmons will give Scotland the win.
Steady pressure will win this fight, but he can't take all that anger into the ring, said Arthur.
There is no reason for him to start going crazy. I don’t think Camacho has good reflexes but he is a fit guy and he's big and if he connects, he will hurt Simmons.
But as far as boxing ability and basic strength, I think he is the favourite for me.
The pair were relatively calm at the weigh-in ahead of the WBC International Silver cruiserweight showdown.
Simmons is the title holder while Arthur lost his British super-featherweight and a similar interim strap after Gomez put him down three times before the stoppage.
And the retired 36-year-old admits the Scottish capital is right behind their latest local hero.
There is a bit of needle there and Edinburgh just doesn’t like Wadi Camachi, just like they didn't like Gomez, he said.
Let's just hope that Stevie can get the result he wants and there is not a repeat performance of what I did!
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/19 -- WBA/WBO champion Rigondeaux vows more aggression; calls out WBC and IBF champs
Undefeated unified junior featherweight world champion and Cuban sensation Guillermo “El Chacal” Rigondeaux (13-...
- 2014/07/18 -- Maximo Blanco Set to Face Dan Hooker at UFC Fight Night in Japan
Two featherweights fresh off victories will meet at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan, on Sept. 20, when Max...
- 2014/07/04 -- RSF Packs Them In
BELLEVILLE, IL--There are times that, despite a multitude of small short comings, the big event is a hug...
- 2014/07/04 -- Extreme Warriors
LaSalle, IL. Just when you think that a show can't get much bigger something happens that it does. This is ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Nick Newell: Illegal Blows Changed Fight, Warrant Rematch with WSOF Champ Gaethje
Nick Newell went into his July 5 fight with Justin Gaethje as the top contender to the World Series of Fighting...
- 2014/07/19 -- Mitchell Smith hails victory over Peter Cope at York Hall
Mitchell Smith believes his performance in defeating previously unbeaten Peter Cope for the vacant English title...
- 2014/07/19 -- Khan to fight in December, possibly against Alexander or Guerrero
Khan says that his adviser Al Haymon is working on the date for the fight to be televised in the United States o...
- 2014/07/19 -- Rocktagon 31 Fight Card Announced For March 29th, Features Several New Mexico Fighters
The Rocktagon MMA promotion has become a staple of Southwest MMA as they have stood on the fence between New Mex...
- 2014/07/19 -- Anthony Joshua ready to shock Matt Skelton after Audley Harrison comparison
Heavyweight Anthony Joshua believes Matt Skelton could receive a nasty shock after he compared him to Audley Har...
- 2014/07/19 -- Mayweather v Maidana temperature rising
I found it interesting to watch the war of words and antics between former welterweight champion Marcos Maidana ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Leading manager Lex McMahon takes on role as Titan FC COO
Lex McMahon has long since made his name as one of the top agents in mixed martial arts, with a roster that incl...