Former two-time world champion Amir Khan has been released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of two assaults.
The 27-year-old former Olympic silver medalist was arrested in his home town early on Friday morning.
A statement from Greater Manchester Police reads: Just before 1.30am, police were called following reports of an assault in Bolton.
Officers attended Russell Street and discovered two 19 year old men had been assaulted. Their injuries are not serious.
A 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of two section 47 assaults. He has been released on bail.
Khan has boxed at lightweight, light-welterweight and welterweight, since turning pro as a teenager after reaching the final of the lightweight division at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.
A spokesman for Khan said the incident had been blown out of all proportion.
It was a minor incident and we’re expecting the case to be dropped against Amir. We’re expecting to formally hear that from police on Monday morning.
Khan is hoping to challenge Floyd Mayweather for the unbeaten WBA and WBC titles.
American Mayweather beat Argentinian Marcos Maidana on points in a title fight in Las Vegas in May and on the undercard of the same bill Khan outpointed Luis Collazo.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/04 -- Intensity in Racine
RACINE, WI--Less than twenty four hours after his battle with Chris Lytle, just outside of St. Louis, Dave Stras...
- 2014/07/23 -- Ranking Boxing’s Best Knockouts of 2014 so Far
*****Ranking Boxing's Best Knockouts of 2014 so Far*****
I told us:
Knockouts can transform good boxers ...
- 2014/11/04 -- Freestyle Combat Challenge
Racine, WI The new year got off to a bang, in the Midwest, with Dave Stasser's "Freestyle Combat Challenge." Eve...
- 2014/07/20 -- Tony Bellew quick to re-open war of words with Nathan Cleverly
Tony Bellew reignited his fierce rivalry with Nathan Cleverly seconds after his fifth round stoppage of Julio Ce...
- 2014/07/20 -- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
The Good: There is not much good I can say about this fight if I am honest with myself. I do believe that Algier...
- 2014/07/19 -- Chris Arreola has elbow surgery
Heavyweight contender Chris Arreola underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left elbow on Monday in Los Angeles, t...
- 2014/07/19 -- Trainer Henry Ramirez joins Team Flores
Following his first defeat as a pro after winning his first 14 bouts, heavyweight prospect Alexander Flores and ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Inside The Mind Of Westside Power Gym’s Carlos Casados
MMA is well-known in the state of New Mexico as the area plays host to an array and mixture of talent spanning f...
- 2014/07/04 -- “Battle of the Badges”
Hammond, IN. It seems that the partnership between, martial arts instructor and originator of Total Co...
- 2014/07/20 -- Aljamain Sterling Ready to Be a Bantamweight Contender Following First UFC Stoppage
Aljamain Sterling continues to improve each time he sets foot inside the Octagon.
The 24-year-old finished Hugo...
- 2014/07/20 -- John Lineker: The Weight is Over
The fact that John Lineker was willing to sit for an interview on weigh-in day should tell you all you need to k...