Former two-time world champion Amir Khan has been released on bail after being arrested on suspicion of two assaults.
The 27-year-old former Olympic silver medalist was arrested in his home town early on Friday morning.
A statement from Greater Manchester Police reads: Just before 1.30am, police were called following reports of an assault in Bolton.
Officers attended Russell Street and discovered two 19 year old men had been assaulted. Their injuries are not serious.
A 27-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of two section 47 assaults. He has been released on bail.
Khan has boxed at lightweight, light-welterweight and welterweight, since turning pro as a teenager after reaching the final of the lightweight division at the 2004 Olympic Games in Athens.
A spokesman for Khan said the incident had been blown out of all proportion.
It was a minor incident and we’re expecting the case to be dropped against Amir. We’re expecting to formally hear that from police on Monday morning.
Khan is hoping to challenge Floyd Mayweather for the unbeaten WBA and WBC titles.
American Mayweather beat Argentinian Marcos Maidana on points in a title fight in Las Vegas in May and on the undercard of the same bill Khan outpointed Luis Collazo.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- Ralek Gracie denies rumors of Kenny Florian appearing in ‘secret match’ at Metamoris 4
Some disappointing news for fans hoping to see UFC fighter turned commentator Kenny Florian hit the mats next mo...
- 2014/07/20 -- British light-welterweight: Willie Limond beats Curtis Woodhouse on points in Glasgow
It was a case of third time lucky for Willie Limond as he finally achieved his British title dream with a stylis...
- 2014/07/20 -- Goal-Oriented Heavyweight Paul Cheng Dreams of Wearing One FC Gold
From wrestler, football player and stuntman to boxer and professional mixed martial artist, Paul Cheng has chall...
- 2014/07/20 -- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
The Good: There is not much good I can say about this fight if I am honest with myself. I do believe that Algier...
- 2014/07/19 -- Weidman Proves Mettle Once More, Beats Machida
LAS VEGAS, July 5 – If anyone ever says that a championship belt doesn’t mean anything, they obviously never saw...
- 2014/07/20 -- UFC Fight Night 45 Results: Cerrone vs. Miller
MMA Fighting has UFC Fight Night 45 results for the Cerrone vs. Miller fight card July 16, live blogs of the mai...
- 2014/07/19 -- Kantun looks to shine in U.S. debut Friday
Super flyweight Juan “El Loquito” Kantun (21-6-3, 15 KOs) of Merida, Yucatan, Mexico will make both his U.S. and...
- 2014/07/19 -- Paul Smith says he will get his shot at Arthur Abraham in September
Paul Smith says he will get his world-title chance in September.
The Liverpudlian super-middleweight told Rings...
- 2014/11/04 -- Fight Night at Broadripple Place
Fort Wayne, IN. The Danger Zone organization presented it's second show at Broadripple Place on Sunda...
- 2014/07/03 -- Freestyle Combat Challenge 7
Intensity! That one word comes to mind when talking about the Dave Strasser's "Freestyle Combat Challenge." He h...
- 2014/07/04 -- Ironheart Crown “Exodus”
The transition of the Illinois shows is complete. A clamp down by the Illinois boxing commis...