Curtis Woodhouse expects a hostile reception when he faces Willie Limond in a double title fight in Glasgow later this month.
The British light-welterweight champion will be hoping to add Limond’s Commonwealth crown to his CV at the Braehead Arena on June 27, in a bout to be screened live on Sky Sports.
It will be Woodhouse’s maiden title defence, and first fight in more than a year, since defeating Darren Hamilton on points in Hull and he is aware taking on the 35-year-old in his home city will be tough,
I chose to come to Scotland, nobody has forced me to come, this is a voluntary defence, he said.
“If I wasn’t up for the atmosphere or I was scared by it I would have gone a different route and looked for somebody else or demanded Willie came to England.
“I am sure with the British title on the line he would have come to England. The atmosphere is something I am excited about and is one of the reasons I wanted to fight Willie Limond in Glasgow.
“I am not running away from it, I am going to embrace it and I play quite a good pantomime villain so I will enjoy the stick I am going to get.
“A lot of boxers who have been to fight in Scotland have always spoken highly of the fans and of how they have been treated and I am sure the Scottish fans are going to love my style because I am not coming to fiddle about on the outside and knick this on points.
“I am coming to have a fight and I think the Scottish fans appreciate that. I think they will probably hate me during the fight but by the end of the fight I will have gained their respect.”
On the same bill, Ricky Burns takes on Dejan Zlaticanin for the WBC International Lightweight crown in an official eliminator for the world title.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- California Kid Subs Caceres in Three
LAS VEGAS, July 5 – The streak continues. Bantamweight contender Urijah Faber, the man who has never lost a non-...
- 2014/07/20 -- British light-welterweight: Willie Limond beats Curtis Woodhouse on points in Glasgow
It was a case of third time lucky for Willie Limond as he finally achieved his British title dream with a stylis...
- 2014/07/20 -- Norman Parke: Fighting for a Finish
I’ll be looking to put this kid away and get back to the way I used to be before I joined the UFC and finish the...
- 2014/07/19 -- Stefan Struve ’100 percent, definitely wants to fight,’ according to manager
It looks like Stefan Struve will return to the Octagon after all.
The 7-foot-tall heavyweight from the Netherla...
- 2014/07/21 -- Tyson Fury dismisses misconduct charge ahead of Chisora heavyweight fight
Tyson Fury dismisses misconduct charge ahead of Chisora heavyweight fight
Tyson Fury insists prepa...
- 2014/07/20 -- Cathal Pendred: A Long Time Coming
He’s a good fighter and a tough fighter, but he’s not as good as me and he’s not as tough as me. I know that I’...
- 2014/07/20 -- Legacy FC 30 Quick Results And Post Fight Analysis: Rough Night For Jackson’s MMA, Holm Gets Late Finish Lots Of Post-Fight Storylines
Another memorable night of fighting is in the books and the Legacy FC promotion’s debut venture into the state o...
- 2014/07/20 -- Fortunes changed for five at UFC Fight Night 45
Matchmaking usually isn't so easy when it comes to people at the top of their divisions.
You have to balance ou...
- 2014/07/04 -- Ultimate Athlete’s “The Genesis”
Hammond, IN Ultimate Athlete, the newest addition to the mixed martial arts news, made it's maiden voy...
- 2014/07/20 -- More on Mayweather-Maidana press tour
Day two of the four-day, five-city cross-country press tour to officially announce the September 13 PPV rematch ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Chris Camozzi-Rafael Natal Booked for Sept. 5 UFC Fight Night in Connecticut
Chris Camozzi was visibly displeased with the way his fight against Bruno Santos went at UFC 175 in Las Vegas la...
33 Best Bodyweight Exercises for MMA, Combat Sport and Martial Arts Fighters