Curtis Woodhouse expects a hostile reception when he faces Willie Limond in a double title fight in Glasgow later this month.
The British light-welterweight champion will be hoping to add Limond’s Commonwealth crown to his CV at the Braehead Arena on June 27, in a bout to be screened live on Sky Sports.
It will be Woodhouse’s maiden title defence, and first fight in more than a year, since defeating Darren Hamilton on points in Hull and he is aware taking on the 35-year-old in his home city will be tough,
I chose to come to Scotland, nobody has forced me to come, this is a voluntary defence, he said.
“If I wasn’t up for the atmosphere or I was scared by it I would have gone a different route and looked for somebody else or demanded Willie came to England.
“I am sure with the British title on the line he would have come to England. The atmosphere is something I am excited about and is one of the reasons I wanted to fight Willie Limond in Glasgow.
“I am not running away from it, I am going to embrace it and I play quite a good pantomime villain so I will enjoy the stick I am going to get.
“A lot of boxers who have been to fight in Scotland have always spoken highly of the fans and of how they have been treated and I am sure the Scottish fans are going to love my style because I am not coming to fiddle about on the outside and knick this on points.
“I am coming to have a fight and I think the Scottish fans appreciate that. I think they will probably hate me during the fight but by the end of the fight I will have gained their respect.”
On the same bill, Ricky Burns takes on Dejan Zlaticanin for the WBC International Lightweight crown in an official eliminator for the world title.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- Terence Crawford retains world title beating Yuriorkis Gamboa in Omaha
Terence Crawford retained the WBO lightweight title he won off Ricky Burns in March thanks to a thrilling ninth-...
- 2014/07/04 -- Fightzone Finishing The Year With A Bang
Toledo, OH. Dave and Lori Gomez have consistently proved that their abilities to market mixed martial arts to th...
- 2014/07/20 -- Henry Cejudo, Jonathan Brookins Added to Legacy FC 34 in Mississippi
Legacy Fighting Championship has added Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo and UFC veteran Jonathan Brookins to i...
- 2014/07/19 -- Dana White responds to Nate Diaz: ‘Sit out the rest of your career, it’s your decision’
The latest chapter in the ongoing saga between UFC president Dana White and the Diaz brothers is in the books.
- 2014/07/19 -- Victor Henry Takes Out Tokoro, Nam Phan Rebounds at Grandslam MMA ‘Way of the Cage’
If Victor Henry was brought to Japan to become a “W” on someone else’s record, nobody told the Californian.
- 2014/07/20 -- UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey Chooses Monster as Headphone Audio Partner
Monster Products, the world leader in high-performance headphones, and the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Fight Night Atlantic City Post Fight Bonus Recap
UFC senior Director of Public Relations Dave Sholler was joined on stage at the Fight Night Atlantic City post-f...
- 2014/07/20 -- Catching Up With King Of The Cage Title Contender Cristobal Chavez Davila
The King of the Cage 135-pound Amateur Title was supposed to be on the line this Saturday night, April 19th, in ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Anthony Joshua focused on his fight against Matt Skelton in Liverpool
Anthony Joshua says it is important for him not to look too far ahead as he prepares for the seventh contest of ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Edgar Seeks Three-Peat over Penn
There’s always a way of staying ahead of yourself and staying ahead of this evolving MMA game. That’s motivating...
- 2014/07/19 -- Half-Year Awards: The Knockouts
It’s always the toughest category to whittle down to just five picks, but it’s also the most enjoyable to work w...