Curtis Woodhouse expects a hostile reception when he faces Willie Limond in a double title fight in Glasgow later this month.
The British light-welterweight champion will be hoping to add Limond’s Commonwealth crown to his CV at the Braehead Arena on June 27, in a bout to be screened live on Sky Sports.
It will be Woodhouse’s maiden title defence, and first fight in more than a year, since defeating Darren Hamilton on points in Hull and he is aware taking on the 35-year-old in his home city will be tough,
I chose to come to Scotland, nobody has forced me to come, this is a voluntary defence, he said.
“If I wasn’t up for the atmosphere or I was scared by it I would have gone a different route and looked for somebody else or demanded Willie came to England.
“I am sure with the British title on the line he would have come to England. The atmosphere is something I am excited about and is one of the reasons I wanted to fight Willie Limond in Glasgow.
“I am not running away from it, I am going to embrace it and I play quite a good pantomime villain so I will enjoy the stick I am going to get.
“A lot of boxers who have been to fight in Scotland have always spoken highly of the fans and of how they have been treated and I am sure the Scottish fans are going to love my style because I am not coming to fiddle about on the outside and knick this on points.
“I am coming to have a fight and I think the Scottish fans appreciate that. I think they will probably hate me during the fight but by the end of the fight I will have gained their respect.”
On the same bill, Ricky Burns takes on Dejan Zlaticanin for the WBC International Lightweight crown in an official eliminator for the world title.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- Will Mayweather fight Pacquiao in 2015?
Although Freddie Roach and his new trainee Miguel Cotto are interested for a rematch, they prefer that Mayweathe...
- 2014/07/20 -- Chad Mendes believes Jose Aldo ‘definitely’ uses performance-enhancing drugs
The war of words between UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo and No. 1 contender Chad Mendes over performance-e...
- 2014/07/20 -- Fight Night Atlantic City Post Fight Bonus Recap
UFC senior Director of Public Relations Dave Sholler was joined on stage at the Fight Night Atlantic City post-f...
- 2014/07/04 -- Intensity in Racine
RACINE, WI--Less than twenty four hours after his battle with Chris Lytle, just outside of St. Louis, Dave Stras...
- 2014/07/20 -- Former world boxing champ Ricky Burns back in ring in Glasgow on Friday
Ricky Burns returns to the ring against Dejan Zlaticanin on Friday night for the first time since losing his WBO...
- 2014/07/20 -- Half-Year Awards – The Upsets
With so many top-level fighters put together in evenly matched bouts, you would think that major upsets would be...
- 2014/07/19 -- Bobby Green Replaces Michael Johnson, Faces Josh Thomson at UFC on Fox 12
Lightweight bouts between Bobby Green and Abel Trujillo, as well as Michael Johnson and Josh Thomson are no more...
- 2014/07/19 -- Bellator 123 to Include Curran-‘Pitbull’ Title Fight, TNA Champ Lashley, ‘King Mo’
Bellator MMA is going all-in for its head-to-head showdown with the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Sept. 5.
- 2014/07/19 -- Alex Arthur is backing Stephen Simmons to beat bitter rival Wadi Camacho
Alex Arthur is backing Stephen Simmons to do what he didn't do - and beat his bitter rival on home soil.
- 2014/07/20 -- Donald Cerrone finishes Jim Miller twice in one round
The second time around, there was no mistaking it for a low blow.
Cowboy Donald Cerrone thought he had the fini...
- 2014/07/19 -- Looking Ahead: What’s Next For Cowboy Cerrone
Donald Cowboy Cerrone is on a hot streak, winning his last four inside the Octagon. UFC.com takes a look at what...