Curtis Woodhouse expects a hostile reception when he faces Willie Limond in a double title fight in Glasgow later this month.
The British light-welterweight champion will be hoping to add Limond’s Commonwealth crown to his CV at the Braehead Arena on June 27, in a bout to be screened live on Sky Sports.
It will be Woodhouse’s maiden title defence, and first fight in more than a year, since defeating Darren Hamilton on points in Hull and he is aware taking on the 35-year-old in his home city will be tough,
I chose to come to Scotland, nobody has forced me to come, this is a voluntary defence, he said.
“If I wasn’t up for the atmosphere or I was scared by it I would have gone a different route and looked for somebody else or demanded Willie came to England.
“I am sure with the British title on the line he would have come to England. The atmosphere is something I am excited about and is one of the reasons I wanted to fight Willie Limond in Glasgow.
“I am not running away from it, I am going to embrace it and I play quite a good pantomime villain so I will enjoy the stick I am going to get.
“A lot of boxers who have been to fight in Scotland have always spoken highly of the fans and of how they have been treated and I am sure the Scottish fans are going to love my style because I am not coming to fiddle about on the outside and knick this on points.
“I am coming to have a fight and I think the Scottish fans appreciate that. I think they will probably hate me during the fight but by the end of the fight I will have gained their respect.”
On the same bill, Ricky Burns takes on Dejan Zlaticanin for the WBC International Lightweight crown in an official eliminator for the world title.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- Correia-Baszler Shifts to Sacramento
Fresh from a UFC 172 win over Jessamyn Duke in April, Brazilian bantamweight prospect Bethe Pitbull Correia will...
- 2014/07/20 -- Ralek Gracie denies rumors of Kenny Florian appearing in ‘secret match’ at Metamoris 4
Some disappointing news for fans hoping to see UFC fighter turned commentator Kenny Florian hit the mats next mo...
- 2014/07/19 -- After Spectacular Finish of Jim Miller, Donald Cerrone Willing to ‘Literally Fight Anybody’
While his preference to remain as active as possible is well known, Donald Cerrone is far from picky when it com...
- 2014/07/18 -- Canelo to return in November, likely against Kirkland
The reported venue could be in San Antonio at the Alamadome where its capacity is 40,000 seats. Due to the cheap...
- 2014/07/19 -- Rustam Nugaev to fight Shafikov
Russian lightweights Rustam Nugaev and Denis Shafikov will meet in a world title eliminator in the main event of...
- 2014/07/19 -- Erik Perez added to UFC FIght Night 43 In Albuquerque, Matched With Bryan Caraway
The debut event for the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) in Albuquerque is coming together slowly but surely...
- 2014/07/04 -- Fightzone Finishing The Year With A Bang
Toledo, OH. Dave and Lori Gomez have consistently proved that their abilities to market mixed martial arts to th...
- 2014/07/19 -- The Downes Side: UFN Atlantic City Predictions
That’s right boys and girls, it’s time for another edition of the Downes Side! I know last week may have been di...
- 2014/07/20 -- Cathal Pendred: A Long Time Coming
He’s a good fighter and a tough fighter, but he’s not as good as me and he’s not as tough as me. I know that I’...
- 2014/07/23 -- Ranking Boxing’s Best Knockouts of 2014 so Far
*****Ranking Boxing's Best Knockouts of 2014 so Far*****
I told us:
Knockouts can transform good boxers ...
- 2014/07/20 -- By The Numbers: A Tribute to BJ Penn
If BJ Penn is not one of your all-time favorite fighters then you’re doing it wrong.
At UFC 31, a 22-year-old B...