Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury shook hands on a £100,000-bet on the outcome of their heavyweight rematch on July 26 during a heated press conference on Monday.
The British and European titles will both be up for grabs in Manchester when the pair clash for the first time since Fury beat Chisora on points in 2011.
After delivering a barrage of personal insults at his opponent, the Londoner offered £10,000 as the winner-takes-all bet only for the challenger to insist he would give that amount to his two children to go shopping!
Fury then suggested that £100,000 was worth it and the pair shook on the new bet befor tempers boiled over and the conference was brought to an end.
Earlier Fury said: For me this is nothing more than a stepping-stone fight.
This is Dereck Chisora’s final crack at the whip – but for me this is a stepping stone.
Dereck Chisora is a journeyman, what champions do to journeymans is they smash them to bits.
If I can’t smash him to bits then I must be a journeyman too.
Undefeated Fury took Chisora’s British and Commonwealth titles when he won at Wembley Arena three years ago, as well as ending his opponent’s unbeaten record.
The 6ft 9in fighter insists, however, the British and European belts mean nothing to him and promises to hand them back to Chisora even if he wins.
His European title and his belts – I’m not interested in them, I’m giving them back after I beat him, Fury said.
He’s the challenger, he’s the chump and he’s 10 levels below me and I’m going to prove that by smashing his face right in.
Every time he thinks of Tyson Fury in the future he’s going to wish he’d never heard that name.
I’m going to annihilate him. He’s going to sleep for good. There’s no doubt in my mind. I’m flattening his big, ugly, fat face.
He’s the ugliest man I’ve ever seen, he can’t talk, he’s useless, the only thing he’s got about him is he’s a bit tough and he comes forward and swings some shots.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/19 -- Anthony Joshua focused on his fight against Matt Skelton in Liverpool
Anthony Joshua says it is important for him not to look too far ahead as he prepares for the seventh contest of ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Anthony Joshua ready to shock Matt Skelton after Audley Harrison comparison
Heavyweight Anthony Joshua believes Matt Skelton could receive a nasty shock after he compared him to Audley Har...
- 2014/07/20 -- “The Dirty Bird” Returns To The UFC, Tim Means Signed Up For UFC In Cincinnati
Joining in on the fun of huge announcements, Tim “The Dirty Bird” Means had an eventful week that was significan...
- 2014/07/19 -- UFC Fight Night 46 weigh-in video
At the UFC Fight Night 46 weigh-ins, all 20 fighters taking part in Saturday's UFC Fight Night 46 fights will st...
- 2014/07/20 -- King Of The Cage “Rumble”: Quick Results and Play-By-Play
We are live inside the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Albuquerque, New Mexico for King of the Cage “Rumble”. Stay tuned t...
- 2014/07/20 -- Invicta FC’s Duda Yankovich back in the gym a week after suffering a stroke
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Nothing is going to stop Duda Yankovich.
Yankovich, a former WIBA light welterweight boxing c...
- 2014/07/20 -- Aljamain Sterling Ready to Be a Bantamweight Contender Following First UFC Stoppage
Aljamain Sterling continues to improve each time he sets foot inside the Octagon.
The 24-year-old finished Hugo...
- 2014/07/19 -- Carlos Condit Featured On “New Mexico True Stories”
The New Mexico Tourism department does a fantastic job at promoting the state and all the amazing sites and adve...
- 2014/07/19 -- Zurdo Ramirez: My punches land just as hard here as they do in the Western Hemisphere
Undefeated WBC/WBO #2, WBA #3, IBF #4 super middleweight contender Gilberto “Zurdo” Ramirez (28-0, 22 KOs) is re...
- 2014/07/20 -- Half-Year Awards – The Upsets
With so many top-level fighters put together in evenly matched bouts, you would think that major upsets would be...
- 2014/07/19 -- Gray Maynard-Fabricio Camoes Becomes Latest UFC 176 Matchup Moved to Maine
A lightweight tilt between Gray Maynard and Fabricio Camoes will now take place Aug. 16 in Bangor, Maine.