Dereck Chisora and Tyson Fury shook hands on a £100,000-bet on the outcome of their heavyweight rematch on July 26 during a heated press conference on Monday.
The British and European titles will both be up for grabs in Manchester when the pair clash for the first time since Fury beat Chisora on points in 2011.
After delivering a barrage of personal insults at his opponent, the Londoner offered £10,000 as the winner-takes-all bet only for the challenger to insist he would give that amount to his two children to go shopping!
Fury then suggested that £100,000 was worth it and the pair shook on the new bet befor tempers boiled over and the conference was brought to an end.
Earlier Fury said: For me this is nothing more than a stepping-stone fight.
This is Dereck Chisora's final crack at the whip - but for me this is a stepping stone.
Dereck Chisora is a journeyman, what champions do to journeymans is they smash them to bits.
If I can't smash him to bits then I must be a journeyman too.
Undefeated Fury took Chisora's British and Commonwealth titles when he won at Wembley Arena three years ago, as well as ending his opponent's unbeaten record.
The 6ft 9in fighter insists, however, the British and European belts mean nothing to him and promises to hand them back to Chisora even if he wins.
His European title and his belts - I'm not interested in them, I'm giving them back after I beat him, Fury said.
He's the challenger, he's the chump and he's 10 levels below me and I'm going to prove that by smashing his face right in.
Every time he thinks of Tyson Fury in the future he's going to wish he'd never heard that name.
I'm going to annihilate him. He's going to sleep for good. There's no doubt in my mind. I'm flattening his big, ugly, fat face.
He's the ugliest man I've ever seen, he can't talk, he's useless, the only thing he's got about him is he's a bit tough and he comes forward and swings some shots.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- Donald Cerrone finishes Jim Miller twice in one round
The second time around, there was no mistaking it for a low blow.
Cowboy Donald Cerrone thought he had the fini...
- 2014/07/20 -- John Lineker: The Weight is Over
The fact that John Lineker was willing to sit for an interview on weigh-in day should tell you all you need to k...
- 2014/11/04 -- Standing Room Only at Freestyle Combat Challenge 9
Racine, WI. The new year in mixed martial arts was, for the second year, brought in with a standing room only cr...
- 2014/07/20 -- Zou Shiming talks about his 10-round debut on Saturday on HBO2
Just 15 months and five fights removed from his professional debut, two-time Chinese Olympic gold medallist and ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Willie Nelson opponent named: Luis Grajeda
On August 8, DiBella Entertainment and Dynasty Boxing, in association with Rumble Time Promotions, will head to ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Kevin Casey on Second UFC Run: I’m Here to Make Statements, Not Be Nice to People
Kevin Casey has been a very busy man in the last 12 months.
He had three fights in Resurrection Fighting Allia...
- 2014/07/19 -- The Downes Side: UFN Atlantic City Predictions
That’s right boys and girls, it’s time for another edition of the Downes Side! I know last week may have been di...
- 2014/07/19 -- Patrick Cote vs. Stephen Thompson slated for UFC 178
Rising welterweights will battle at the UFC 178 card in Las Vegas, as the promotion announced that former UFC ti...
- 2014/07/19 -- Eddie Bravo Mends Fences with Ralek Gracie, Declines Invite to Compete at Metamoris 4
Eddie Bravo has laid relatively low since competing against Royler Gracie at Metamoris 3 in March.
- 2014/07/20 -- UFC 176’s Green-Trujillo, ‘Formiga’-Makovsky Bouts Moved to Aug. 16 Maine Card
Less than an hour after the Ultimate Fighting Championship announced the cancelation of UFC 176, two of the eve...
- 2014/07/19 -- Dana White responds to Nate Diaz: ‘Sit out the rest of your career, it’s your decision’
The latest chapter in the ongoing saga between UFC president Dana White and the Diaz brothers is in the books.