BBC says seriously ;):
***Tyson Fury to fight Alexander Ustinov after Chisora withdrawal***
Tyson Fury will fight Belarusian Alexander Ustinov in hometown Manchester on Saturday, following the late cancellation of his world title eliminator with Dereck Chisora.
Chisora withdrew from the bout after fracturing his left hand in training.
The 22st Ustinov was Chisora’s sparring partner when the injury occurred.
Fury, 25, has promised to “take his frustrations out” on the stand-in, having suffered his third pre-fight cancellation in the last 18 months.
He had two fights with David Haye cancelled after the former world champion pulled out.
Ustinov, 37, has won 29 of his 30 fights, with 21 of his victories coming by knock-out.
The much-hyped Fury-Chisora fight had been billed as an eliminator for the right to meet IBF, WBA and WBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko.
Belarusian Ustinov has a record of 29 wins from 30 fights
But Chisora, 30, pulled out on Monday, saying: “I can’t tell you how disappointed I am, but it is on the advice of my specialist I do this.”
Discussions are under way to reschedule the fight with Chisora later this year, probably in September.
Following Chisora’s withdrawal, Fury said: “I have been training for months to get ready for the Chisora fight and I’m in the best condition of my life, so for this to happen again is a big blow.
“Whoever I face on Saturday will be in big trouble. I will take out my frustrations on them.”
Meanwhile, Fury faces a British Boxing Board of Control misconduct hearing on 13 August for a foul-mouthed tirade against Chisora at a promotional news conference.
**WARNING EXPLICIT LANGUAGE** DERECK CHISORA v TYSON FURY II – FINAL LONDON PRESS CONFERENCE
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/18 -- The Many Motivations of Brad Pickett
I’m down here for a reason, and I’m very focused on that reason. My focus is trying to beat McCall. Beat McCall,...
- 2014/07/20 -- Tony Bellew threatens to end Nathan Cleverly’s career if they meet again
Tony Bellew has vowed to send Nathan Cleverly into retirement if they stay on course for a rematch this Saturday...
- 2014/07/20 -- Tyson Fury hopes to fight Deontay Wilder for a world title in the near future
Tyson Fury has called for a future fight with Deontay Wilder if the heavy-hitting American lands a world title l...
- 2014/07/19 -- Dr. Evan and Mr. Dunham
Since the Escudero fight, which earned him Submission of the Night honors, Dunham has nabbed three Fight of the ...
- 2019/01/05 -- Tyson Fury pulls out of fight with Alexander Ustinov
Tyson Fury has withdrawn from Saturday night's heavyweight fight with Belarusian Alexander Ustinov.
- 2014/07/19 -- Andrade to Canelo: The line forms behind me
WBO jr. middleweight champion Demetrius “Boo Boo” Andrade (21-0, 14 KOs) says he is the man to beat at 154 pound...
- 2014/07/20 -- Nathan Cleverly wants to dish out another defeat to Tony Bellew
Nathan Cleverly has vowed to inflict another defeat on bitter rival Tony Bellew, but first he must get past Alej...
- 2014/07/20 -- Henry Cejudo, Jonathan Brookins Added to Legacy FC 34 in Mississippi
Legacy Fighting Championship has added Olympic gold medalist Henry Cejudo and UFC veteran Jonathan Brookins to i...
- 2014/07/19 -- Leading manager Lex McMahon takes on role as Titan FC COO
Lex McMahon has long since made his name as one of the top agents in mixed martial arts, with a roster that incl...
- 2014/07/23 -- Ranking Boxing’s Best Knockouts of 2014 so Far
*****Ranking Boxing's Best Knockouts of 2014 so Far*****
I told us:
Knockouts can transform good boxers ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Zurdo Ramirez: My punches land just as hard here as they do in the Western Hemisphere
Undefeated WBC/WBO #2, WBA #3, IBF #4 super middleweight contender Gilberto “Zurdo” Ramirez (28-0, 22 KOs) is re...