*****Ranking Boxing's Best Knockouts of 2014 so Far*****
I told us:
Knockouts can transform good boxers into stars and stars into pay-per-view kings. Mike Tyson and Manny Pacquiao are great examples of how the art of the knockout can lift boxers into rock star status.
Not only do the fans like to see knockouts, it's beneficial for the boxers as well. Unfortunately in boxing we spend as much time talking about bad scorecards as we do great performances. Boxers who are able to knockout their opponent and take the decision away from the judges will always be more successful.
You can't trust the judges to always pick the correct winner; Pacquiao knows that truth as well.
In determining which knockouts would make the list and how to rank them, I considered three factors: What was at stake, if the knockout secured a comeback after the boxer trailed and the overall "wow factor" of the punches or combination of punches that put his opponent on the mat.
For the purposes of this article I'll consider boxers who also won by TKO or by the referee stopping the bout since the fight was still stopped early and the winning boxer would have likely won by knockout if it had continued.
Thank you for your attention 🙂
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/19 -- Bellator 123 to Include Curran-‘Pitbull’ Title Fight, TNA Champ Lashley, ‘King Mo’
Bellator MMA is going all-in for its head-to-head showdown with the Ultimate Fighting Championship on Sept. 5.
- 2014/07/04 -- inkE’s Proving Ground
HIGHLAND, IN--For a small local show, FinkE's Full Contact Challenge is fast becoming a proving ground fo...
- 2014/07/21 -- Matthew Macklin targets Miguel Cotto after securing eliminator against Jorge Sebastien Heiland
MATTHEW MACKLIN will face WBC International champion Jorge Sebastien Heiland in an official eliminat...
- 2014/07/20 -- For Barboza, Loss a Learning Experience
When you hear someone referred to as a “martial artist,” it’s easy to ignore the oxymoron of the term.
- 2014/07/19 -- Eddie Bravo Mends Fences with Ralek Gracie, Declines Invite to Compete at Metamoris 4
Eddie Bravo has laid relatively low since competing against Royler Gracie at Metamoris 3 in March.
- 2014/07/19 -- Boxing Returns to Fort Washington, MD tonight
There will be a nine-bout card coming to Rosecroft Raceway in Fort Washington, MD tonight. The Keystone Boxing p...
- 2014/07/19 -- After Spectacular Finish of Jim Miller, Donald Cerrone Willing to ‘Literally Fight Anybody’
While his preference to remain as active as possible is well known, Donald Cerrone is far from picky when it com...
- 2014/07/19 -- Stefan Struve ‘100 percent, definitely wants to fight,’ according to manager
It looks like Stefan Struve will return to the Octagon after all.
The 7-foot-tall heavyweight from the Netherla...
- 2014/07/19 -- Phil Harris: Well-Prepared for Debut Two
I have been given a second chance, so I’m not going to waste it. I’m going to give it my best shot and we’ll see...
- 2014/07/20 -- Willie Nelson opponent named: Luis Grajeda
On August 8, DiBella Entertainment and Dynasty Boxing, in association with Rumble Time Promotions, will head to ...
- 2014/07/19 -- No Peace – Smith KOs Duke in One
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ, July 16 - Bantamweight veteran Leslie Smith wasn’t much of a “Peacemaker” against The Ultimat...