*****Ranking Boxing’s Best Knockouts of 2014 so Far*****
I told us:
Knockouts can transform good boxers into stars and stars into pay-per-view kings. Mike Tyson and Manny Pacquiao are great examples of how the art of the knockout can lift boxers into rock star status.
Not only do the fans like to see knockouts, it’s beneficial for the boxers as well. Unfortunately in boxing we spend as much time talking about bad scorecards as we do great performances. Boxers who are able to knockout their opponent and take the decision away from the judges will always be more successful.
You can’t trust the judges to always pick the correct winner; Pacquiao knows that truth as well.
In determining which knockouts would make the list and how to rank them, I considered three factors: What was at stake, if the knockout secured a comeback after the boxer trailed and the overall “wow factor” of the punches or combination of punches that put his opponent on the mat.
For the purposes of this article I’ll consider boxers who also won by TKO or by the referee stopping the bout since the fight was still stopped early and the winning boxer would have likely won by knockout if it had continued.
Thank you for your attention 🙂
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- Jessica Andrade, Valerie Letourneau matched for UFC Fight Night 51 in Brazil
Jessica Andrade will take part in the second-ever UFC female fight in Brazil in September.
UFC announced Monday...
- 2014/07/19 -- Mayweather-Maidana II tour a good call
LAS VEGAS -- Two of the three fights Floyd Mayweather Jr. has had on his six-fight Showtime/CBS contract -- Robe...
- 2014/07/19 -- Gray Maynard-Fabricio Camoes Becomes Latest UFC 176 Matchup Moved to Maine
A lightweight tilt between Gray Maynard and Fabricio Camoes will now take place Aug. 16 in Bangor, Maine.
- 2014/07/20 -- Canelo Alvarez earns split decision
LAS VEGAS -- Canelo Alvarez, embarrassed by Floyd Mayweather Jr. last September by his inability to hang with an...
- 2014/07/19 -- Tete acquires vacant IBF 115lb belt in Japan
Elongated southpaw Zolati Tete (20-3, 16 KOs), 114, from South Africa, easily acquired the vacant IBF super-flyw...
- 2014/07/20 -- Invicta 8 to Air Exclusively on UFC FIGHT PASS
Las Vegas, Nevada – UFC FIGHT PASS, the UFC’s digital streaming service, is proud to announce UFCFIGHTPASS.com ...
- 2014/07/21 -- Thomas Dulorme Eyes Mauricio Herrera Showdown
Thomas Dulorme Eyes Mauricio Herrera Showdown
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the ma...
- 2014/07/20 -- Cathal Pendred: A Long Time Coming
He’s a good fighter and a tough fighter, but he’s not as good as me and he’s not as tough as me. I know that I’...
- 2014/11/04 -- DZ Action! Action! Action!
AUBURN, IN-- Over the last couple of years, the Danger Zone people have consistently brought action-pa...
- 2014/07/20 -- King Of The Cage “Throwdown” Features Several Las Cruces Gyms And Fighters
Tonight is the night, later on this evening, April 19th, King of the Cage “Throwdown” will be live inside the La...
- 2014/07/20 -- Derry Mathews backs Luke Campbell to rule lightweight division
Derry Mathews has tipped Luke Campbell to become a future world champion ahead of his return to the ring.