zulubet hot prediction site
Rances Barthelemy is the new IBF super-featherweight champion after a unanimous points win over Argenis Mendez in Miami.
Bathelemy improved his record to 20-0 after all three judges scored the fight 115-111 in favour of the Cuban.
Barthelemy had beaten Mendez back in January via a second round stoppage only for the decision to be changed to a “no contest” after replays confirmed the fight-ending combination had come after the bell.
There was no such controversy this time, although the margin of victory could have been greater for Barthelemy however he was deducted points in the ninth and 10th rounds for low blows.
This was a difficult fight, Barthelemy said. I faced an Argenis Mendez, who risked it all to keep his title. Thankfully, I knew how to overcome all obstacles.
Mendez, who beat Mexico's Juan Carlos Salgado for the title in March 2013, was under pressure for long periods of the fight.
He did enjoy a mini-revival in the seventh and eighth rounds, but Barthelemy finished strongly to claim the belt.
On the undercard at the American Airlines Arena, Jeff Lacy and Edison Miranda both suffered loses..
Lacy, who held the IBF super-middleweight belt before being beaten by Joe Calzaghe, was stopped in the second round by Umberto Savigne, while two-time world title challenger Miranda was outclassed over 10 rounds by undefeated Cuban cruiserweight Yunier Dorticos.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- Zou Shiming talks about his 10-round debut on Saturday on HBO2
Just 15 months and five fights removed from his professional debut, two-time Chinese Olympic gold medallist and ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Stefan Struve ‘100 percent, definitely wants to fight,’ according to manager
It looks like Stefan Struve will return to the Octagon after all.
The 7-foot-tall heavyweight from the Netherla...
- 2014/07/19 -- Kantun looks to shine in U.S. debut Friday
Super flyweight Juan “El Loquito” Kantun (21-6-3, 15 KOs) of Merida, Yucatan, Mexico will make both his U.S. and...
- 2014/07/19 -- Zurdo Ramirez: My punches land just as hard here as they do in the Western Hemisphere
Undefeated WBC/WBO #2, WBA #3, IBF #4 super middleweight contender Gilberto “Zurdo” Ramirez (28-0, 22 KOs) is re...
- 2014/07/20 -- Cathal Pendred: A Long Time Coming
He’s a good fighter and a tough fighter, but he’s not as good as me and he’s not as tough as me. I know that I’...
- 2014/07/20 -- Nathan Cleverly wants to dish out another defeat to Tony Bellew
Nathan Cleverly has vowed to inflict another defeat on bitter rival Tony Bellew, but first he must get past Alej...
- 2014/07/19 -- George Groves to fight Sept. 20
Super middleweight contender George Groves is not dwelling on his knockout loss to Carl Froch in their super mid...
- 2014/07/18 -- Muhammad Ali gloves on block again
The boxing gloves Muhammad Ali wore in the first fight of his famed trilogy with Joe Frazier, 1971's Fight of th...
- 2014/07/19 -- UFC Fight Night Atlantic City Prelims: Gleison Tibau Hands Pat Healy Fourth Straight Defeat
Timely takedowns, excellent lateral movement and intermittent power punches carried Gleison Tibau to a unanimous...
- 2014/07/18 -- The Many Motivations of Brad Pickett
I’m down here for a reason, and I’m very focused on that reason. My focus is trying to beat McCall. Beat McCall,...
- 2014/07/18 -- Half-Year Awards – The Newcomers
With so many UFC shows and an ever-growing roster, the amount of rookie talent entering the Octagon is at an all...