Abel Trujillo will now fight Ross Pearson at UFC Fight Night “Bader vs. St. Preux.”
UFC officials announced the pairing Friday following the news that Michael Johnson had been forced out of his bout at UFC on Fox 12 with Josh Thomson and Bobby Green was subsequently named the replacement.
The fight will be part of the Aug. 16 event set to take place in Bangor, Maine. The card is topped by 205 pounders Ryan Bader versus Ovince St. Preux and a flyweight showdown pitting Jussier da Silva against Zach Makovsky.
Since losing to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 160, Blackzilian team member Trujillo has seemed like an entirely different fighter. Following a no-contest against Roger Bowling, “Killa” made good on the rematch by dispelling of his opponent by TKO. He parlayed this success with an emphatic win against Jamie Varner that claimed the now-defunct “Knockout of the Night” bonus.
Pearson will enter the Octagon coming off one of the most controversial judging decisions in UFC history. The Alliance MMA product clearly beat Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night “Henderson vs. Khabilov,” but the judges saw something entirely different, giving “The Dream” the benefit of the doubt.
The last two bouts for “The Real Deal” have been the most controversial of his career. Prior to the Sanchez fight, Pearson was involved in a no contest with Melvin Guillard at UFC Fight Night “Machida vs. Munoz.”
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- Aljamain Sterling Ready to Be a Bantamweight Contender Following First UFC Stoppage
Aljamain Sterling continues to improve each time he sets foot inside the Octagon.
The 24-year-old finished Hugo...
- 2014/07/21 -- Toughest jobs in sports: Sparring partner for Manny Pacquiao
Jeff Eisenberg writes for us:
VENTURA, Calif. — Moments after going five rounds with a sparring partner w...
- 2014/07/19 -- Patrick Cote vs. Stephen Thompson slated for UFC 178
Rising welterweights will battle at the UFC 178 card in Las Vegas, as the promotion announced that former UFC ti...
- 2014/07/19 -- UFC Fight Night – Albuquerque: Henderson vs. Khabilov Tickets on Sale Today
UFC Fight Night 43 – Albuquerque, Tingley Coliseum Tickets on Sale Today
Today, at 10am MT, Ticketmaster.com wi...
- 2014/11/04 -- Standing Room Only at Freestyle Combat Challenge 9
Racine, WI. The new year in mixed martial arts was, for the second year, brought in with a standing room only cr...
- 2014/07/19 -- Demetrious Johnson-Chris Cariaso Flyweight Title Co-Main Event Joins UFC 177
Demetrious Johnson will defend his UFC flyweight title against Chris Cariaso at UFC 177.
UFC officials Tuesday ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Tyson Fury faces misconduct charge over latest outburst against Dereck Chisora
Tyson Fury has been summoned to appear before the British Board of Boxing Control over his latest performance du...
- 2014/11/04 -- Freestyle Combat Challenge
Racine, WI The new year got off to a bang, in the Midwest, with Dave Stasser's "Freestyle Combat Challenge." Eve...
- 2014/07/18 -- Alvarez-Lara ‘Honor Glory’ card purses
The contracts are filed with the Nevada State Athletic Commission so here's the rundown of the purses for the Ho...
- 2014/07/19 -- Gray Maynard-Fabricio Camoes Becomes Latest UFC 176 Matchup Moved to Maine
A lightweight tilt between Gray Maynard and Fabricio Camoes will now take place Aug. 16 in Bangor, Maine.
- 2014/07/20 -- For Barboza, Loss a Learning Experience
When you hear someone referred to as a “martial artist,” it’s easy to ignore the oxymoron of the term.