Abel Trujillo will now fight Ross Pearson at UFC Fight Night “Bader vs. St. Preux.”
UFC officials announced the pairing Friday following the news that Michael Johnson had been forced out of his bout at UFC on Fox 12 with Josh Thomson and Bobby Green was subsequently named the replacement.
The fight will be part of the Aug. 16 event set to take place in Bangor, Maine. The card is topped by 205 pounders Ryan Bader versus Ovince St. Preux and a flyweight showdown pitting Jussier da Silva against Zach Makovsky.
Since losing to Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 160, Blackzilian team member Trujillo has seemed like an entirely different fighter. Following a no-contest against Roger Bowling, “Killa” made good on the rematch by dispelling of his opponent by TKO. He parlayed this success with an emphatic win against Jamie Varner that claimed the now-defunct “Knockout of the Night” bonus.
Pearson will enter the Octagon coming off one of the most controversial judging decisions in UFC history. The Alliance MMA product clearly beat Diego Sanchez at UFC Fight Night “Henderson vs. Khabilov,” but the judges saw something entirely different, giving “The Dream” the benefit of the doubt.
The last two bouts for “The Real Deal” have been the most controversial of his career. Prior to the Sanchez fight, Pearson was involved in a no contest with Melvin Guillard at UFC Fight Night “Machida vs. Munoz.”
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/19 -- Golovkin LA Media Day Workout
By Miguel Maravilla
With a little over a week to go for his next fight WBA/IBO middleweight champion Kazakhstan...
- 2014/07/20 -- Canelo Alvarez earns split decision
LAS VEGAS -- Canelo Alvarez, embarrassed by Floyd Mayweather Jr. last September by his inability to hang with an...
- 2014/07/04 -- Ultimate Athlete’s “The Genesis”
Hammond, IN Ultimate Athlete, the newest addition to the mixed martial arts news, made it's maiden voy...
- 2014/07/03 -- Freestyle Combat Challenge 7
Intensity! That one word comes to mind when talking about the Dave Strasser's "Freestyle Combat Challenge." He h...
- 2014/07/19 -- Mirko Larghetti fired up to try and end Marco Huck’s cruiserweight reign
Mirko Larghetti plans to end Marco Huck's stay as WBO cruiserweight champion in Halle next month.
- 2014/07/19 -- Carl Frampton will bid for Kiko Martinez’s IBF belt in September
Carl Frampton will challenge Kiko Martinez for his IBF super-bantamweight title in September.
The Northern Irel...
- 2014/07/19 -- Maidana vs. Mayweather 2: Upset in the making?
(Photo credit: Idris Irba) By MM: With the rematch set, and the fight tour underway, most fight fans feel that F...
- 2014/07/20 -- UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey Chooses Monster as Headphone Audio Partner
Monster Products, the world leader in high-performance headphones, and the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organ...
- 2014/07/23 -- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes
***Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes***4
- 2014/07/19 -- How Ray Borg Changed The Local MMA Landscape In Less Than 10-Fights And Again In Less Than 10-Minutes
On April 4th, 2014 the Legacy FC 30 event was held inside the Route 66 Casino. Much of the promotion during the ...
- 2014/07/19 -- After Spectacular Finish of Jim Miller, Donald Cerrone Willing to ‘Literally Fight Anybody’
While his preference to remain as active as possible is well known, Donald Cerrone is far from picky when it com...