Mirko Larghetti plans to end Marco Huck’s stay as WBO cruiserweight champion in Halle next month.
Larghetti takes on the German in the 13th defence of the title he won back in 2009 with Huck trying to equal Sky Sports pundit Johnny Nelson for the most successful cruiserweight titel defences.
The August 30 fight, at the Gerry Weber Stadium, gives Larghetti a second chance at dethroning Huck, who was forced to withdraw from their previous title clash on March 29 with a thumb injury.
I was ready back then and I am even more ready now, said Larghetti, who is unbeaten in 21 fights and boasts 13 knockout victories.
Hopefully, Huck is more careful with his hands this time. I want to show him and the boxing fans that I am a better fighter and the man to put an end to his title reign.
Given his experience and stature, Huck is not intending to get intimidated by anything the Italian has to say as he prepares for his first fight since beating Firat Arslan in January.
He said: This will be Larghetti’s first and last world title fight. When I am done with him he will wish not ever having shared the ring with me.
The Captain has a motto for this fight: I will make Spaghetti out of Larghetti!
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- British light-welterweight: Willie Limond beats Curtis Woodhouse on points in Glasgow
It was a case of third time lucky for Willie Limond as he finally achieved his British title dream with a stylis...
- 2014/07/19 -- Jackson’s MMA Announces Their Association (Affiliate) Program
Jackson’s MMA Announces That They Will Start Their Association Program Allowing Gyms To Affiliate With One Of Th...
- 2014/07/20 -- Half-Year Awards – The Upsets
With so many top-level fighters put together in evenly matched bouts, you would think that major upsets would be...
- 2014/07/20 -- Commonwealth Games: Savannah Marshall relishing her return to the ring
Despite not having boxed for six months, Savannah Marshall is set to compete for a medal in women's middleweight...
- 2014/07/19 -- Kantun looks to shine in U.S. debut Friday
Super flyweight Juan “El Loquito” Kantun (21-6-3, 15 KOs) of Merida, Yucatan, Mexico will make both his U.S. and...
- 2014/07/20 -- Mayweather-Maidana rematch booked
LAS VEGAS -- Although pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. said last week that he planned to give a rematch...
- 2014/07/23 -- Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes
***Golovkin/Geale, Jennings/Perez New York City Media Workout Quotes***4
- 2014/07/20 -- Abel Cullum, Hunter Tucker Offer Their Insight On Ray Borg and Nick Urso Before Their Legacy FC 30 Bout
Tomorrow night the landscape of the Flyweight division within the State of New Mexico will be re-shaped when FIT...
- 2014/07/19 -- George Groves to fight Sept. 20
Super middleweight contender George Groves is not dwelling on his knockout loss to Carl Froch in their super mid...
- 2014/07/18 -- Muhammad Ali gloves on block again
The boxing gloves Muhammad Ali wore in the first fight of his famed trilogy with Joe Frazier, 1971's Fight of th...
- 2014/07/20 -- By The Numbers: A Tribute to BJ Penn
If BJ Penn is not one of your all-time favorite fighters then you’re doing it wrong.
At UFC 31, a 22-year-old B...