Tyson Fury has been summoned to appear before the British Board of Boxing Control over his latest performance during a press conference to promote his fight with Dereck Chisora.
Fury and Chisora went head-to-head in London earlier this week ahead of their July 26 rematch and had to be separated by security.
The 25-year-old launched a torrent of abuse at heavyweight rival Chisora and his trainer Don Charles before turning on a journalist who asked him to stop swearing.
The BBBofC received numerous complaints from the media and members of the public and general secretary Robert Smith has now ordered Fury to attend a hearing on August 13.
“The British Boxing Board of Control considered the behaviour of boxer Tyson Fury at the press conference for his forthcoming contest against Dereck Chisora,” said a BBBofC statement.
“The stewards have decided to call Mr Fury before them under Regulation 25 (misconduct) to their next meeting on Wednesday, 13th August 2014 when this matter will be dealt with.
“Failure to attend this hearing will result in Mr Fury’s boxing licence being suspended.”
Chisora, who was beaten on points by Fury in their first fight three years ago, will put his European crown on the line against Fury at the Phones 4u Arena in Manchester.
The winner will also pick up the vacant British strap and earn the right to face WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/19 -- Ronda Rousey belongs ‘in the top three’ in pound-for-pound rankings
Few, if any, would argue Ronda Rousey isn't the top female fighter on the planet. While Cyborg Justino might tak...
- 2014/07/19 -- Is Chris Algieri bad news for Pacquiao?
By Yannis Mihanos: After hitting the jackpot with his surprising victory over the heavy hitter Ruslan Provodniko...
- 2014/07/19 -- Curtis Woodhouse announces his retirement from boxing
boxing on Ringside.
The 34-year-old has called time on his career for the second time after losing his British...
- 2014/07/19 -- Tete challenges for vacant IBF title
Zolani Tete has a chance of winning the vacant IBF junior bantamweight title when he fights in Japan this weeken...
- 2014/07/21 -- Thomas Dulorme Eyes Mauricio Herrera Showdown
Thomas Dulorme Eyes Mauricio Herrera Showdown
This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the ma...
- 2014/07/19 -- Promoter Eddie Hearn confident Kell Brook will be crowned world champion in August
Promoter Eddie Hearn expects Kell Brook to rip away Shawn Porter’s world title with a stunning knockout win afte...
- 2014/07/19 -- Dejan Zlaticanin beats Ricky Burns to win WBC International lightweight title in Glasgow
Ricky Burns failed to recover from a first-minute knockdown as he fell on points to Dejan Zlaticanin in their ba...
- 2014/07/20 -- Invicta 8 to Air Exclusively on UFC FIGHT PASS
Las Vegas, Nevada – UFC FIGHT PASS, the UFC’s digital streaming service, is proud to announce UFCFIGHTPASS.com ...
- 2014/11/04 -- DZ Action! Action! Action!
AUBURN, IN-- Over the last couple of years, the Danger Zone people have consistently brought action-pa...
- 2014/07/04 -- Reality Submission Challenge
Bethalto, IL-- When anybody talks to promoter, Mike Griffin, about submission wrestling, they can see ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Fortunes changed for five at UFC Fight Night 45
Matchmaking usually isn't so easy when it comes to people at the top of their divisions.
You have to balance ou...