Tyson Fury has been summoned to appear before the British Board of Boxing Control over his latest performance during a press conference to promote his fight with Dereck Chisora.
Fury and Chisora went head-to-head in London earlier this week ahead of their July 26 rematch and had to be separated by security.
The 25-year-old launched a torrent of abuse at heavyweight rival Chisora and his trainer Don Charles before turning on a journalist who asked him to stop swearing.
The BBBofC received numerous complaints from the media and members of the public and general secretary Robert Smith has now ordered Fury to attend a hearing on August 13.
“The British Boxing Board of Control considered the behaviour of boxer Tyson Fury at the press conference for his forthcoming contest against Dereck Chisora,” said a BBBofC statement.
“The stewards have decided to call Mr Fury before them under Regulation 25 (misconduct) to their next meeting on Wednesday, 13th August 2014 when this matter will be dealt with.
“Failure to attend this hearing will result in Mr Fury’s boxing licence being suspended.”
Chisora, who was beaten on points by Fury in their first fight three years ago, will put his European crown on the line against Fury at the Phones 4u Arena in Manchester.
The winner will also pick up the vacant British strap and earn the right to face WBO champion Wladimir Klitschko.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/21 -- Tyson Fury dismisses misconduct charge ahead of Chisora heavyweight fight
Tyson Fury dismisses misconduct charge ahead of Chisora heavyweight fight
Tyson Fury insists prepa...
- 2014/07/19 -- Leading manager Lex McMahon takes on role as Titan FC COO
Lex McMahon has long since made his name as one of the top agents in mixed martial arts, with a roster that incl...
- 2014/07/20 -- Nathan Cleverly wants to dish out another defeat to Tony Bellew
Nathan Cleverly has vowed to inflict another defeat on bitter rival Tony Bellew, but first he must get past Alej...
- 2014/07/19 -- Undefeated Holly Holm Signs with Ultimate Fighting Championship
After what seems like an eternity, former boxing standout and Legacy FC 135-pound champion Holly Holm has signed...
- 2014/07/19 -- Eddie Bravo Mends Fences with Ralek Gracie, Declines Invite to Compete at Metamoris 4
Eddie Bravo has laid relatively low since competing against Royler Gracie at Metamoris 3 in March.
- 2014/07/19 -- The Downes Side: UFN Atlantic City Predictions
That’s right boys and girls, it’s time for another edition of the Downes Side! I know last week may have been di...
- 2014/07/20 -- Hawaii’s Rumble On The Rock: The Tournament That Carlos Condit Could Have Fought Anderson Silva
The time was late-January of 2006 and a Hawaiian promotion was about to start a tournament that included one of ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Fortunes changed for five at UFC Fight Night 45
Matchmaking usually isn't so easy when it comes to people at the top of their divisions.
You have to balance ou...
- 2014/07/04 -- RSF Packs Them In
BELLEVILLE, IL--There are times that, despite a multitude of small short comings, the big event is a hug...
- 2014/07/19 -- Bobby Green Replaces Michael Johnson, Faces Josh Thomson at UFC on Fox 12
Lightweight bouts between Bobby Green and Abel Trujillo, as well as Michael Johnson and Josh Thomson are no more...
- 2014/07/20 -- George Groves targets world championship title before the end of the year
George Groves is aiming to bounce back from his defeat to Carl Froch by becoming a world champion before the end...