Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson will warm-up for a potential unification fight by appearing on the same bill on August 9.
Garcia will put his WBC and WBA light-welterweight titles on the line when he takes on Rod Salka at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
And at the same venue, IBF champion Peterson will face Edgar Santana knowing victory will put him in line to face the undefeated Garcia.
I’m really excited about this fight and about making a statement to the boxing world that I’m the true junior welterweight world champion, Peterson said.
I know Danny will be watching me and I’ll be watching him. After August 9, there will be only one fight to make at 140 pounds.
Garcia, who stopped Amir Khan in the fourth round to win the WBA title in July 2012, is focusing solely on his next opponent – with fellow American Rod Salka coming into the contest with a 19-3 record.
I’ll be ready, Garcia said. I’ll give my fans another great show.
There will be a third world title up for grabs on the night, with Jarrod Fletcher and Daniel Jacobs clashing for the vacant WBA middleweight belt.
Fletcher, part of the Australian Olympic squad in 1008, has won 18 of his 19 bouts, while Jacobs (27-1) makes his returning after a 19-month lay-off fighting cancer.
This whole comeback has been a dream so far, and what better way to keep it going than with a world title fight? said Jacobs.
This is the fight I’ve been waiting for and no one will keep me from that belt.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- AWE TV picks up Fury-Chisora grudge match
The July 26 heavyweight clash between Tyson Fury (22-0 16 KOs) and Dereck Chisora (20-4, 13 KOs) at the Phones 4...
- 2014/07/18 -- Carson in California will stage the Kell Brook-Shawn Porter IBF world welterweight title clash in August
Eddie Hearn has revealed the venue for the eagerly-awaited IBF welterweight title showdown between Kell Brook an...
- 2014/07/19 -- How Ray Borg Changed The Local MMA Landscape In Less Than 10-Fights And Again In Less Than 10-Minutes
On April 4th, 2014 the Legacy FC 30 event was held inside the Route 66 Casino. Much of the promotion during the ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Half-Year Awards: The Fighters
This is it – the unofficial half-year awards season is coming to a close, and all that’s left is to determine t...
- 2014/07/19 -- Chris Arreola has elbow surgery
Heavyweight contender Chris Arreola underwent arthroscopic surgery on his left elbow on Monday in Los Angeles, t...
- 2014/07/20 -- UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey Chooses Monster as Headphone Audio Partner
Monster Products, the world leader in high-performance headphones, and the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Callum Smith looking to perform in super-middleweight clash with Vladine Biosse
Callum Smith says he must perform in his televised clash with Vladine Biosse on July 12 in order to justify his ...
- 2014/07/03 -- Cage Rage III
Through all changes that have happened over the last few months, it is good to see that at least one thing remai...
- 2014/07/19 -- Stefan Struve ’100 percent, definitely wants to fight,’ according to manager
It looks like Stefan Struve will return to the Octagon after all.
The 7-foot-tall heavyweight from the Netherla...
- 2014/07/19 -- Undefeated Holly Holm Signs with Ultimate Fighting Championship
After what seems like an eternity, former boxing standout and Legacy FC 135-pound champion Holly Holm has signed...
- 2014/07/20 -- Fab Five: Cerrone’s Defining UFC Moments
With nine UFC and five WEC post-fight bonuses to his name, Donald Cerrone is one of those fighters who makes it ...
33 Best Bodyweight Exercises for MMA, Combat Sport and Martial Arts Fighters