Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson will warm-up for a potential unification fight by appearing on the same bill on August 9.
Garcia will put his WBC and WBA light-welterweight titles on the line when he takes on Rod Salka at Brooklyn's Barclays Center.
And at the same venue, IBF champion Peterson will face Edgar Santana knowing victory will put him in line to face the undefeated Garcia.
I'm really excited about this fight and about making a statement to the boxing world that I'm the true junior welterweight world champion, Peterson said.
I know Danny will be watching me and I'll be watching him. After August 9, there will be only one fight to make at 140 pounds.
Garcia, who stopped Amir Khan in the fourth round to win the WBA title in July 2012, is focusing solely on his next opponent - with fellow American Rod Salka coming into the contest with a 19-3 record.
I'll be ready, Garcia said. I'll give my fans another great show.
There will be a third world title up for grabs on the night, with Jarrod Fletcher and Daniel Jacobs clashing for the vacant WBA middleweight belt.
Fletcher, part of the Australian Olympic squad in 1008, has won 18 of his 19 bouts, while Jacobs (27-1) makes his returning after a 19-month lay-off fighting cancer.
This whole comeback has been a dream so far, and what better way to keep it going than with a world title fight? said Jacobs.
This is the fight I've been waiting for and no one will keep me from that belt.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/20 -- UFN Atlantic City Prelim Fantasy Preview
When the UFC returns to Atlantic City, New Jersey on Wednesday night, there will be a slew of notables on both ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Jiu-jitsu star Ryan Hall signs multi-fight deal with Titan FC
2009 ADCC bronze medalist and Felipe Costa jiu-jitsu black belt Ryan Hall has signed a multi-fight deal with Tit...
- 2014/07/20 -- Mayweather-Maidana rematch booked
LAS VEGAS -- Although pound-for-pound king Floyd Mayweather Jr. said last week that he planned to give a rematch...
- 2014/07/20 -- UFC Fight Night 45 Results: Cerrone vs. Miller
MMA Fighting has UFC Fight Night 45 results for the Cerrone vs. Miller fight card July 16, live blogs of the mai...
- 2014/07/19 -- Pros react to Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller, Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham, more
The last time the UFC traveled to Atlantic City, Gray Maynard and Clay Guida didn't exactly give the New Jersey ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Zou Shiming talks about his 10-round debut on Saturday on HBO2
Just 15 months and five fights removed from his professional debut, two-time Chinese Olympic gold medallist and ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Bellew not thinking about Cleverly round 2 as he prepares to fight Brazilian Julio Santos
Tony Bellew insists he is not thinking about Nathan Cleverly as the pair share top billing on July 12 at the Ech...
- 2014/07/18 -- Muhammad Ali gloves on block again
The boxing gloves Muhammad Ali wore in the first fight of his famed trilogy with Joe Frazier, 1971's Fight of th...
- 2014/07/19 -- How Ray Borg Changed The Local MMA Landscape In Less Than 10-Fights And Again In Less Than 10-Minutes
On April 4th, 2014 the Legacy FC 30 event was held inside the Route 66 Casino. Much of the promotion during the ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Struve Scratched from Mitrione Fight
The UFC 175 main card took a blow Saturday night when the heavyweight bout between Stefan Struve and Matt Mitrio...
- 2014/07/20 -- UFC 170 And What It Meant For New Mexico Trained Fighters
This past Saturday, the highly discussed UFC 170 event was held inside the Mandalay Bay Event Center in Las Vega...