Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson will warm-up for a potential unification fight by appearing on the same bill on August 9.
Garcia will put his WBC and WBA light-welterweight titles on the line when he takes on Rod Salka at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
And at the same venue, IBF champion Peterson will face Edgar Santana knowing victory will put him in line to face the undefeated Garcia.
I’m really excited about this fight and about making a statement to the boxing world that I’m the true junior welterweight world champion, Peterson said.
I know Danny will be watching me and I’ll be watching him. After August 9, there will be only one fight to make at 140 pounds.
Garcia, who stopped Amir Khan in the fourth round to win the WBA title in July 2012, is focusing solely on his next opponent – with fellow American Rod Salka coming into the contest with a 19-3 record.
I’ll be ready, Garcia said. I’ll give my fans another great show.
There will be a third world title up for grabs on the night, with Jarrod Fletcher and Daniel Jacobs clashing for the vacant WBA middleweight belt.
Fletcher, part of the Australian Olympic squad in 1008, has won 18 of his 19 bouts, while Jacobs (27-1) makes his returning after a 19-month lay-off fighting cancer.
This whole comeback has been a dream so far, and what better way to keep it going than with a world title fight? said Jacobs.
This is the fight I’ve been waiting for and no one will keep me from that belt.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/19 -- Eric Kelly Choke Submits Rob Lisita in Second Round of One FC 18 Main Event
TAIPEI, Taiwan -- Eric Kelly and Rob Lisita went head-to-head the One Fighting Championship 18 “War of Dragons” ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham full fight video highlights
Round 1: Keith Peterson is the ref. They touch them up. Dunham moves in, and Barao clobbers him to the body with...
- 2014/07/20 -- Conor McGregor: A True Believer
One of my favorite things to do in life is say I’m gonna do something and then go out and do it. There’s no bett...
- 2014/07/19 -- Dr. Evan and Mr. Dunham
Since the Escudero fight, which earned him Submission of the Night honors, Dunham has nabbed three Fight of the ...
- 2014/11/04 -- Freestyle Combat Challenge
Racine, WI The new year got off to a bang, in the Midwest, with Dave Stasser's "Freestyle Combat Challenge." Eve...
- 2014/07/20 -- Abel Cullum, Hunter Tucker Offer Their Insight On Ray Borg and Nick Urso Before Their Legacy FC 30 Bout
Tomorrow night the landscape of the Flyweight division within the State of New Mexico will be re-shaped when FIT...
- 2014/07/19 -- Kevin Croom In Action Tonight, Poised To Push Winning Streak To Nine
It has been nearly three-months since Kevin Croom last fought and that will be the longest lay-off for the Albuq...
- 2014/07/20 -- John Lineker: The Weight is Over
The fact that John Lineker was willing to sit for an interview on weigh-in day should tell you all you need to k...
- 2014/07/20 -- Ricky Burns set for boxing return away from Scotland, says promoter Eddie Hearn
Ricky Burns is likely to fight away from Scotland when he returns to the ring following Friday night's humbling ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Floyd Mayweather-Marcos Maidana Rematch Set For Sept. 13 in Las Vegas
Floyd Mayweather officially announced via social media that his highly-anticipated rematch with Marcos Maidana i...
- 2014/07/20 -- For Barboza, Loss a Learning Experience
When you hear someone referred to as a “martial artist,” it’s easy to ignore the oxymoron of the term.