Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson will warm-up for a potential unification fight by appearing on the same bill on August 9.
Garcia will put his WBC and WBA light-welterweight titles on the line when he takes on Rod Salka at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.
And at the same venue, IBF champion Peterson will face Edgar Santana knowing victory will put him in line to face the undefeated Garcia.
I’m really excited about this fight and about making a statement to the boxing world that I’m the true junior welterweight world champion, Peterson said.
I know Danny will be watching me and I’ll be watching him. After August 9, there will be only one fight to make at 140 pounds.
Garcia, who stopped Amir Khan in the fourth round to win the WBA title in July 2012, is focusing solely on his next opponent – with fellow American Rod Salka coming into the contest with a 19-3 record.
I’ll be ready, Garcia said. I’ll give my fans another great show.
There will be a third world title up for grabs on the night, with Jarrod Fletcher and Daniel Jacobs clashing for the vacant WBA middleweight belt.
Fletcher, part of the Australian Olympic squad in 1008, has won 18 of his 19 bouts, while Jacobs (27-1) makes his returning after a 19-month lay-off fighting cancer.
This whole comeback has been a dream so far, and what better way to keep it going than with a world title fight? said Jacobs.
This is the fight I’ve been waiting for and no one will keep me from that belt.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/19 -- UFC Fight Night Atlantic City Prelims: Gleison Tibau Hands Pat Healy Fourth Straight Defeat
Timely takedowns, excellent lateral movement and intermittent power punches carried Gleison Tibau to a unanimous...
- 2014/07/20 -- UFN Atlantic City Prelim Fantasy Preview
When the UFC returns to Atlantic City, New Jersey on Wednesday night, there will be a slew of notables on both ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Tete acquires vacant IBF 115lb belt in Japan
Elongated southpaw Zolati Tete (20-3, 16 KOs), 114, from South Africa, easily acquired the vacant IBF super-flyw...
- 2014/07/20 -- Nick Newell: Illegal Blows Changed Fight, Warrant Rematch with WSOF Champ Gaethje
Nick Newell went into his July 5 fight with Justin Gaethje as the top contender to the World Series of Fighting...
- 2014/07/04 -- Shocked by Events
By Rick Morrison
We are now into the second week after the disasters in New York and Washington and of t...
- 2014/07/20 -- UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey Chooses Monster as Headphone Audio Partner
Monster Products, the world leader in high-performance headphones, and the Ultimate Fighting Championship® organ...
- 2014/07/19 -- Rocktagon 31 Fight Card Announced For March 29th, Features Several New Mexico Fighters
The Rocktagon MMA promotion has become a staple of Southwest MMA as they have stood on the fence between New Mex...
- 2014/07/19 -- Seth Baczynski-Alan Jouban Welterweight Bout Added to UFC Fight Night in Maine
Seth Baczynski will welcome Octagon newcomer Alan Jouban to the Ultimate Fighting Championship welterweight div...
- 2014/07/20 -- Tony Bellew threatens to end Nathan Cleverly’s career if they meet again
Tony Bellew has vowed to send Nathan Cleverly into retirement if they stay on course for a rematch this Saturday...
- 2014/07/20 -- “The Dirty Bird” Returns To The UFC, Tim Means Signed Up For UFC In Cincinnati
Joining in on the fun of huge announcements, Tim “The Dirty Bird” Means had an eventful week that was significan...
- 2014/07/19 -- Dana White responds to Nate Diaz: ‘Sit out the rest of your career, it’s your decision’
The latest chapter in the ongoing saga between UFC president Dana White and the Diaz brothers is in the books.