Danny Garcia and Lamont Peterson will warm-up for a potential unification fight by appearing on the same bill on August 9.
Garcia will put his WBC and WBA light-welterweight titles on the line when he takes on Rod Salka at Brooklyn's Barclays Center.
And at the same venue, IBF champion Peterson will face Edgar Santana knowing victory will put him in line to face the undefeated Garcia.
I'm really excited about this fight and about making a statement to the boxing world that I'm the true junior welterweight world champion, Peterson said.
I know Danny will be watching me and I'll be watching him. After August 9, there will be only one fight to make at 140 pounds.
Garcia, who stopped Amir Khan in the fourth round to win the WBA title in July 2012, is focusing solely on his next opponent - with fellow American Rod Salka coming into the contest with a 19-3 record.
I'll be ready, Garcia said. I'll give my fans another great show.
There will be a third world title up for grabs on the night, with Jarrod Fletcher and Daniel Jacobs clashing for the vacant WBA middleweight belt.
Fletcher, part of the Australian Olympic squad in 1008, has won 18 of his 19 bouts, while Jacobs (27-1) makes his returning after a 19-month lay-off fighting cancer.
This whole comeback has been a dream so far, and what better way to keep it going than with a world title fight? said Jacobs.
This is the fight I've been waiting for and no one will keep me from that belt.
Related Fight Posts
- 2014/07/21 -- Toughest jobs in sports: Sparring partner for Manny Pacquiao
Jeff Eisenberg writes for us:
VENTURA, Calif. — Moments after going five rounds with a sparring partner w...
- 2014/07/20 -- Aljamain Sterling Ready to Be a Bantamweight Contender Following First UFC Stoppage
Aljamain Sterling continues to improve each time he sets foot inside the Octagon.
The 24-year-old finished Hugo...
- 2014/07/19 -- Double Olympic champion Vasyl Lomachenko wins world title in third pro fight
Vasyl Lomachenko has beaten Gary Russell by majority decision to win the vacant WBO featherweight title in Carso...
- 2014/07/20 -- Alistair Overeem grateful for new team ‘chemistry’, still optimistic about fighting Junior dos Santos
UFC heavyweight Alistair Overeem is set to return to the Octagon on Sept. 5th when he faces Ben Rothwell at UFC ...
- 2014/07/20 -- Goal-Oriented Heavyweight Paul Cheng Dreams of Wearing One FC Gold
From wrestler, football player and stuntman to boxer and professional mixed martial artist, Paul Cheng has chall...
- 2014/07/19 -- Pacquiao-Chris Algieri in the works
Manny Pacquiao's next fight probably will be a welterweight title defense against Chris Algieri, an unknown figh...
- 2014/07/20 -- For Barboza, Loss a Learning Experience
When you hear someone referred to as a “martial artist,” it’s easy to ignore the oxymoron of the term.
- 2014/07/20 -- Bellew not thinking about Cleverly round 2 as he prepares to fight Brazilian Julio Santos
Tony Bellew insists he is not thinking about Nathan Cleverly as the pair share top billing on July 12 at the Ech...
- 2014/07/19 -- Dr. Evan and Mr. Dunham
Since the Escudero fight, which earned him Submission of the Night honors, Dunham has nabbed three Fight of the ...
- 2014/07/19 -- George Groves to fight Sept. 20
Super middleweight contender George Groves is not dwelling on his knockout loss to Carl Froch in their super mid...
- 2014/07/20 -- Carl Frampton ready for IBF super-bantamweight title showdown with Kiko Martinez
Carl Frampton has warned Kiko Martinez there will be 16,000 fans 'baying for his blood' when the duo slug it out...